Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: A great place to be!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:31 pm 
Paper Model CINC

Didn't really know where to put this, but...

Isn't this forum just great?! :D

A place where those who are actively interested in card modelling can get together and exchange hints & tips, seek and offer help, and show off their models to each other knowing that they will be genuinely appreciated by all.

As you may already know, I've been a member of the Virtual Aerodrome for some time now, and have been a regular contributor there. However, since I've started posting pictures of my card models, I've noticed that, despite a few favourable initial comments and one or two since, interest in them has been distinctly lacking. I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that a lot of the other members there don't consider the FG aircraft I've built so far to be 'proper' modelling :(. Whether it's because they're not big enough or complicated enough, or they're not as detailed as other models I don't know. How sad (for them) if that's the case, though.

I think I will give it a bit longer, then, if there's no change I might find somewhere else to upload my photos in order to post them here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:52 pm 
Botbuster Master

we greatly appriciate your involment here...and please continue post the pics of your models........ :D :D i wish i could find a way to get more people involved in Fiddlers Green..... :(

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:14 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Yes, more pictures!!!!!!!!! I love the simplicity of FG models compared to others. Yeah having a super awesome detailed card model is neat. But, I prefer the artistry it takes to make a flat piece of paper into something so fluid and beautiful as an airplane WITHOUT the use of formers or anything else but the paper. FG models may not be as fancy as the other kits out there, but as far as bang for the buck, time to construct (for the most part), and ease, they can't be beat! So to make a long ramble short, keep posting your pics Chris. You can always trust that we will appreciate them :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:27 am 
Paper Model CINC

I agree with you 100% about FG models, willygoat. And yes, I will certainly continue to post pictures of my models here. Thanks to all for making this, as I said, a great place to be :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:35 am 
Paper Model CINC

Well, I've now given up on the Virtual Aerodrome as they're obviously not interested in card modelling :evil:. I joined Photobucket yesterday and uploaded my latest few photos to there instead which means I will be posting exclusively to this forum from now on, so I'm afraid you're stuck with me! :lol:

By the way, I did initially try ImageShack to host my photos, but I couldn't find any way to create albums! Whether this is just the way it is there or it's me being thick, I don't know :?. Anyway, I'm happy with Photobucket for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:20 am 
FG Cutter

Possm,

Just an Idea, but how about a "trick of the week"

someone picks a class of modeling "trick" (Hiding all those seams, scaling models to print, shaping wings . . .) then as it strikes people during the week, they write their tips, others can ask specifics . . .

It might be a good way to encourage people out of their virtual shell and spread and recombine our individual "experiments".

Could be run in the "how do I" section.

A busy idea could be kept alive for quite a while, but a new topic every week would allow people to move on in conversations they've lost interest in.

This forum isn't a RTFM or FAQ-Natzi run place, so repeating previous info and questions in new ways would be good to get folks involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:59 am 
Botbuster Master

that sounds like a nifty idea...i will give it a bit of consideration....lord knows i could use ideas on a lot of thing my self... :D :D :D any ideas on this please let me know..... :D :D

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!