Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: printing at 100%
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:24 am 
FG 26# stock

I have noticed that the JU52 prints at 94%. I tried resetting the margins on the printer but still does not print at 100% Was this by design? Is there something I can do to get full scale? Thanks, John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:19 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

I just printed the winter camo version out last night. I noticed that 94% thing too, but assumed it was partly becuase I was using a old HP 710 printer at home. It doesnt have many print options. I was pretty sure there were more options with the new printer we have at work that would let you reset the margins and print at 100 % without loosing any edges. I will check it out tomorrow.

Too bad I don't have the intestinal fortitute to print all 9 pages at work..they have such a nice printer there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:42 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Ok, the printer here at work is a brand new HP Deskjet 5740. It has an option for boarderless printing. I assume this would allow printing the JU52 at 100%, but I'm not sure, as I havent actually tried it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:17 am 
FG Scorer

It does sound like some kind of printer set up issue. Is there a print to page setting on your printers? The files are set up to have a safe zone on the edges of about a 1/4" so it seems your printers are reading that as part of the image. I hope you can get it to work somehow. I'm at a loss as to how to solve the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:00 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Yep, its a printer-software problem. At least thats how I see it. The old HP710 I use at home simply doesnt have the options to let me print the Ju52 out at 100%.

No worries...I have printed it out at 94% and started the cutting. I'm not going to quibble over 6%...not when this model looks this good!

I do have a question about the '52. Do you cut out holes for the wings in the fuselage? The instructions don't say to. I'm assuming the "box" fits snuggly enough inside that you can glue it to the area where the wings will attach. Is that right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:38 pm 
FG Scorer

Hi Tim, You are right. The wings are glued up against the fuselage. The box acts as a support for the wings. Chauncy really did an outstanding job on this model.

Post subject: Printing @ 94%?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:40 am 
FG Tissue Paper

I don't pay any attention to the % printed out. So long as each sheet's printed at the same scale, I don't care. (It might matter if you want more than one model to be at the same scale.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:49 pm 
FG Folder

I'm doing the Crete version in regular size - I am stunned by the quality of the way it goes together. I am going to do the Spanish CW version next - IN LARGE :D