Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:19 am 
FG 26# stock

If you have not seen them, Fiskars has a set of two double-ended burnishers/scribers. A friend found them in the Scrap Booking section of Wal Mart. The smallest tip is great for scribing fold lines and the larger ball tips can be used for burnishing/curving parts. The set only costs $4 or so... well worth the effort to track down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:04 pm 
FG 90# stock

I just bought a new scissors from Fiskars. I think they were called soft touch detail scissors. Yellow and light blue handle. There excellent! I used ta use a pair of scissors that fold out of a small swiss army knive. They got dull really quick, and the blade was so shiney that I had a hard time stayin on the line. There was a line on the paper and a line on the scissors blade. Kind of double vision after a while. These new cutters have brushed blades. No reflection. I also found a x-acto type scriber set, but cant remeber the brand name of it. Came with a few different blades, two pencil leads, scibbers, and also a curved rounded kinda thingy. I don't know what its called or what its used for, but its sittin on my drafting table. I could'nt throw out a perfectly good tool! Blasphemy! Anyone else know what this thingy is?

Hey, anybody tried out one o' those circle cutting blades? It swivels and stuff. Had ta buy one. Its that tool thing again. I have'nt used it yet though. I bet the extra blades are expensive. Oh well......it will probably sit and take up space too.

Hows that fer a reply David N.?
"N" thats a good name. Is that northern euopean like 7? I had a friend in the Navy named "7".......or rather seven, but his was a first name. You got somethin totally different goin on with the "N" thing. I'd tell you my last name story except you probably would'nt wanna her it anyway.
Bub-Bye

Post subject: Tool fetish
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:24 pm 
FG Origami Master

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one in this country who looks thru the tool department in every hardware or home improvement store I get near!

I know exactly what you mean!
:P

Bob