Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:40 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I have two different knifes from OLFA. The knife that I have the snap off blade is flat on all of it sides with the metal finish. It's not a round knife holder like a yellow pencil colored one. My question is, does any know if there is a round holder such as a art knife for snap off blades. I love the blade of the snap off but after a while the flat sided holder gets hard to control and it's a bit hard on my hand. Thanks for any suggests any one might have. wc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:19 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I got a suggestion of trying a Foam Grip handle to help save my hand when using a snap off blade handle I have. It does work but only up to a point. No pun. The slide can't advance enough to use the whole blade. The idea does work on another knife handle I had that I will start using again. wc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:56 pm 
FG Folder

I went searching online to the Xacto website and other various sites, and all I could see were the flat snap off blades. An idea came to me though after looking at your knife pics. Perhaps if you used the Heavy Duty Red Plastic handle knife and inserted the blades that are on your flat knife into the xacto knife, it may fit. Or use the snap off blades from Xacto and tried to use them in the red handled knife or the number 2 knife that might work. Either way that could be the solution to your situation. Just be careful about interchanging snap off blades meant for flat handles into round handles, this could be the time that size does matter. LOL!

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:53 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Thank you caddmann05. I know there must be a better more hand saving blade holder out there some where in the knife world. Why would any company make a something as great as the snap off blade and not make a better way of using the product? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I did try to contact the company who makes the blades and maybe one day they will make the better mouse trap so to say. Thanks for you input. wc