Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Problems with my account
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:52 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I can't D/L any of the magic key models and my account says "Your magic keys expire on 01/16/2013". Can some one please help me on this? wad cutter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 pm 
FG Tissue Paper

Same thing here my friend, none of the racers made it to my folder either. Might be a temporary glitch in the system or maybe someone forgot about us (tongue in cheek, lol). I am sure that they will get to us eventually, Chip and the team at FG have been rather busy as of late. Keep the faith and if they don't show up by next posting, drop Chip a line and let him know. Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:09 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Thank you Wally. That is good news to hear there I am not alone but sorry it's happening to you too. I just thought I had done somthing wrong. I have also noticed that I can't access a Private message if one were sent to me. Thank you for the heads up. wc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:35 am 
FG Tissue Paper

WallyWI wrote:
Same thing here my friend, none of the racers made it to my folder either. Might be a temporary glitch in the system or maybe someone forgot about us (tongue in cheek, lol). I am sure that they will get to us eventually, Chip and the team at FG have been rather busy as of late. Keep the faith and if they don't show up by next posting, drop Chip a line and let him know. Cheers!

Me too. Sent two messages to Chip, no response yet. I hope all is well and it is just temporary. Just have to wait and see, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:36 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Willygoat said his account is working fine. I have sent Chip just one message about this problem and I haven't heard anything back as of yet. One other problem I have noticed is I will get a message about a PM sent to me but when I try to find it, it's no where. I wonder if this is all connected some how? When this first started I checked my account and I was paid up till Oct. So to be on the safe side I paid up till Jan. 2013 but it didn't make any difference. I keep thinking/feeling I screwed up some how, so where. But that's just the way I think. wc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:02 pm 
FG 26# stock

I fear something is keeping Chip from updating the site. I hope he is well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:28 pm 
FG Tissue Paper

I too have not recieved the racers for Saturday August 25th, have sent two e.mails to info, and two to chip, and have recieved no reply, and i am up to date 05/26/2013 so it cant be that, must be something else at his end. The home page has not been updated for this weekend either.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:54 am 
Site Admin

Unfortunately Chip passed away recently. There is no news as to the future of FG at the moment.

Recently finished: Moving and getting set up
In progress: Zepellin Staaken (self design)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:10 am 
FG Scorer

I'm very sad to hear that. He will be missed by a lot of people.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:55 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Very sorry to hear our leader has go on. I hope he will rest in peace and keep an eye on FG and all of us as well. Take care chip. wc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:02 pm 
FG 26# stock

A great lost for us all. Does anyone know how old he was? Did his wife survive him?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:36 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Annie isn't doing well herself. She's living with her children in New Jersey now. I wish her a speady recovery and a healed heart. It was obvious how much Chip and Annie cared for each other.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:19 pm 
FG Tissue Paper

When I last talked with Chip, he was talking about putting FG up for auction in the hope that someone who loved it and believed in what FG stood for would take over and keep it going. At that time, he urged me to come out and see him and he stressed that I should do it as soon as possible because he was planning on retiring. At that time, I thought Chip just meant leaving FG in someone's hands and him taking it easy for his remaining years while keeping a watchful eye on FG from the sidelines but not putting in the hours he had been. It's only now when I learned of his passing that I think Chip knew he was sick and when he mentioned "retiring" he wasn't talking about the kind of retirement I thought he was. I think he knew that he was sick but true to who he was, he didn't want anyone to worry or fuss about it and was just trying to get everything squared away before his "retirement".
I have met very few people in this life who I can honestly say were kind, inspirational and just givers and Chip was on that short list. Everything he did was not for profit or for fame or for personal enrichment other than the joy he got out of bringing people new to paper models into the fold and hearing them tell him how much they really loved it. He was one of those rare people you meet in this life who really changes things for you, changes your perspective and makes you part of the wonderful magic that they put out to everyone. In his own small way, he wanted to change the world through paper models and if he had to do it one person at a time, he was okay with that. For me, Chip was a mentor, an instructor and a teacher. He always gave me advice on designs and recolors and sometimes smacked my knuckles with a ruler when I changed the format of the model to make it look more "spiffy" but he always did it with the voice of a friend and was never cross or mean or hurtful. Positive, constructive feedback and a gentle guiding hand was what Chip was all about. I am a better person for having known him, all of us who are part of the FG family are.
And make no mistake, FG became a family. Maybe not by design or was it? Chip took a bunch of people from around the world who didn't know each other and gave them a place to call "home" where they could come together through paper modeling and create friendships and bonds and share a hobby that they loved mutually. I used to hear some wise crackers commenting on the quality of FG models and how FG wasn't like the big names like Schrieber Bogen or ABC but then again Chip wasn't trying to be like them or compete with them. He had a different vision and he followed that vision to make FG what it is today. I hope that someone will come forward and take up the reins and keep FG going for future modelers but as it was already stated, the future is not known right now. I have to think that Chip saw this coming and made some provisions to ensure that FG would not just disappear and he discussed as much with me briefly on a couple of occasions. He would not let this all slip away, not Chip. Keep Annie and the family in your thoughts and prayers and just keep the faith. Although we will miss Chip, his spirit is here with us in FG and what this little enterprise meant to him and all of us who call this home will not just vanish from sight.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:35 pm 
FG Tissue Paper

On another note along these lines, word seems to be getting out slowly about Chip's passing. People are going to be confused, shocked and in disbelief. It's going to take time for people to process all of this so I think it might not be a bad idea to put the word out on the homepage and, in a tactful way, tell everyone what has happened and that FG is in a holding pattern right now. I know that there are a lot of subtleties that have to be addressed about the business end of FG and the feelings and wishes of Annie and the family and I wouldn't suggest anything to task them at this important time. I am suggesting this because Chip and FG has come to mean a lot to a lot of people and it is my humble opinion that they are going to need time to process all of this, to grieve in their own way and progress through all of that. Finding out through third parties or a forum just seems too "antiseptic" for me and FG has always been about being a family, a community. Just a thought. I know that I am still processing all of this but this is something I think that everyone is going to need to know and be allowed the time to deal with in their own way. Thanks for letting me ramble.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 pm 
FG Tissue Paper

WallyWI wrote:
On another note along these lines, word seems to be getting out slowly about Chip's passing. ...

I am hoping the transition has gone well for most by now, but ... I cannot access my folders (Note: seems to be working now) and not sure if the old payment email through PayPal will work. I did a 3 month extension using PayPal just to see if anything happens. My old year long payment is up in about 7 days, so it is time. I tried to find a way to send an email to the new guy, but just didn't see anything on the home page that was different. I will assume for now the same email account is being used as before.

Last edited by Tsavah on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.