Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Sopwith Triplane
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:29 pm 
Paper Model CINC

As some of you may remember, whilst building my Sopwith Triplane I came across an error with the top wing which I then corrected and applied to all versions (regular, LARGE, and BW). I also added a Sopwith logo I'd found to the fin/rudder for added realism.

I submitted these new files to Chip and he was most pleased, promising to replace the originals with them and to add my name also. After several days I noticed that the original files were still on the site, so I contacted him to ask when mine would be uploaded. He wrote back to say that he thought they already were, but he'd check to be sure. A couple of days later he e-mailed again to say they were now available for download. I had a look, and yes, they were indeed there.

Unfortunately, my surname had been mispelt, and the Sopwith logo was missing on the LARGE and BW versions!? So I e-mailed Chip again to draw his attention to this, and he replied that my name had now been corrected and that he had removed the logo from two of the versions (although no explanation as to why). Just to be sure, I checked the files again and sure enough my surname was now spelt correctly......but only on the LARGE and BW versions! :evil:

I really didn't want to keep pestering Chip about this as I'm sure he has much better things to be doing with his time, so I left it at that. I still have no idea why the logo was removed from the LARGE and BW versions, but left on the regular, or indeed why it was removed at all. I thought I was being helpful. To be honest, I don't really feel like submitting any more files should I be in a position to do so again as it was all a bit of a hassle :(.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

Chris, don't take it personally, Chip has been going through a tough time the last few months with all the changes taking place. You might have inadvertently picked the wrong moment to send the files. Believe me, I've sent in a bunch of repaints, Chip might have not acknowledged them immediately but believe me, the FREE extension of my magic keys showed his appreciation. Don't let one mistake put you off, keep on pumping those repaints out, Chip AND the rest of us appreciate the effort it takes to do a repaint/redesign, 2,3,4,5,6 models for the price of one?

Niki