Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

You like zie Assault-Gunz af de Wahld Wah 2?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
BIPPITY BIPPITY BOP! 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:49 pm 
FG 90# stock

I was building a second Panzer III from the P-39 Airacobra kit to go with my paper and plastic WWII War Vehicles display and got bored. The morning before the build, I was looking to buy a plastic kit for the display and saw the Jagdpanzer. Rather than buy it, I decided that it would be relatively easy to modify a Panzer III and make it look relatively like a Jagdpanzer.
After building the regular chassis and treads, I got to work on the custom parts. To make the "cabin-type-thingy (CTT)" I cut the Panzer CTT about an inch short, turned it around, and put some parts from the turret on for diagonal backing and such. To make the gun mount, I cut apart the gunner's seat and made it so it made a perfect forward-pointing mount against the slanted front (I used the same main gun as the Panzer III). For a little touch that wasn't on the actual assault gun, I put together a small "command turret" at the back. I made that by cutting out select pieces of the Panzer turret and the thing-that-the-gun-goes-on. As a finishing touch to that, I put on a hatch (only the hatch itself, no wrap) and mounted the machine gun from the Hansa-Brandenburg W29 WWI Floatplane kit next to it. Finally, to take care of all the patches that had writing that would normally be hidden or scissor symbols that I didn't need to cut, I painted the mentioned parts Gunship Gray with the Testors Military Colors paint set that I had bought the week before for my Revell 1/32 Hawker Hunter. That finished it, and I proudly placed it on my display, placing it so it crushed the wreckage of an Opel Blitz-Truck.
I highly recommend all of the kits mentioned in this post. The Panzer can be bought by itself, but it's worth the extra bucks to get it with the P-39, since you get so many Versions of the excellent fighter plane. The W29 is great for any WWI collection, and the Blitz-Truck is an excellent build, even for wreckage.

-Jake Edison, the "Scotch Tape Kid"

Me: "Oh, sorry. Cash."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:12 pm 
FG 90# stock

Actually, it's kinda more like a Sturmgeshutz or whatever, but still, it's an assault gun. :oops: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:10 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

That sounds pretty awesome! Any chance you have some pics? If you could make the stuff you changed digital, maybe Chip would take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 pm 
Paper Model CINC

For some reason, anything Nazi kinda creeps me out. Not so with the other axis powers' stuff. Must be the Aryan master race/genocide thing.

Currently working on: see avatar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:49 am 
Botbuster Master

yeow....hows about a pic or two.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:23 pm 
FG 90# stock

sorry, my computer is acting weird so i can't upload pictures for some reason...