Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:33 pm 
FG 90# stock

(Jake Edison's Custom Panzer's, Vol. 2)

To make this assault gun, you must have the Panzer PzIII kit and software to edit it. If you don't have the software (like Photoshop or Illustrator) then you can just cut pieces as described and print as many sheets as needed.
Recoloring the model in light or dark tan or even a brown-orange color really enhances the model.
Get ready!

1. Shorten the upper hull like with the Jagdpanzer, but this time make it much taller (like 2.5x or 3x), make the back hatches face forward, and make it so the slant fits and looks like it won't look awkward. But hey, the Sturmtiger was pretty awkward anyway.
2. Make the same gun mount as the Jagdpanzer, but shorten it a little and make it a bit larger. Also, change the angle so it points a bit up, even with the new upper hull.
3. Make the gun 3 or 4 times wider and a bit shorter. This should be a guide for the mount or vice versa.
KEEP ANYTHING THAT ISN'T MODIFIED.
You are now finished with the design. It's time for assembly.
4. Assemble the chassis, treads, and deck as usual.
5. Make the large upper hull and glue it to the chassis.
6. Assemble the gun mount and position it about halfway up the upper hull.
7. Roll the gun so it's short and fat and affix it to the mount.
8. (OPTIONAL) If you wish, repeat the hatch placement and machine gun placement as with the Jagdpanzer.
9. Attach pieces from the turret to any areas that don't have sides and paint over white/writing areas with any color that fits the look.
You're finished! Display it, modify it further, but whatever you do, POST PICTURES!
Chip (or any FG designer), if you're reading this, try it, and if it works out, publish it! Just make sure to give me credit.

-Jake Edison

Me: "Oh, sorry. Cash."