Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:24 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

The "Look What I Built" thread is a goldmine for the modeler taking on a new subject that someone else has already done. But if I wanted to start, say, a P-51, there's no easy way to find out (A) if someone posted any P-51 pictures and (B) where.

So maybe something like this would work. We create an index thread that can be posted to only by members who subscribe to that thread (and the subscription process is designed to keep out spammers). Each time a new post of build pictures is put into "Look ...", the poster also creates a new post to the Index thread, with a subject title of, for example, "P-51, Bob's Models, Feb 2010". There's no content in the post, just the subject line, identifying the airplane, the "Look ..." thread it's in, and when it got posted.

Over time, the list of "posts" in the thread become a simple, clean index of aircraft that (I believe) can be sorted by title rather than by date, which becomes a sort by aircraft type.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:55 pm 
Botbuster Master

i have thought of that idea for some time but not quite the way u stated, which makes sense to me,but......its above my capability and it would have to be done from HQ i think, and with all the stuff that is goin on there i dont see it happening....but there are others that know more than i.....maybe azguy or Rob would have some in put here.... :D :D :D :D :D

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 am 
Paper Model CINC

I've often thought this would be a good idea, as many times I've wanted to find builds of a particular model. The search function is ok up to a point, but usually the only way to find what you're after is to wade through pages and pages of postings :?.