Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:32 pm 
FG 90# stock

possm_23 wrote:
I dont think "silly" was a great choice of words. Chip has worked hard to just to keep things going...patience,patience, patience.

Are they not silly, jovial paper model kits? Silly seemed like an accurate description to me, compared to perhaps a rambunctious, veracious F-104?

I understand he has worked hard to keep things going, that's why I don't comprehend why the site has taken it's focus away from it's meat and potatoes selling point; the aircraft! That move alone has me baffled....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:45 am 
Paper Model CINC

As a long standing member of this forum and fan of FG I have to say that I tend to agree with the OP and subsequent comments. While I have nothing against the Story Book houses as such, I do think that concentrating so much on them over the last few months has (evidently) alienated some, and possibly many more, customers and potential customers. I think Chip has made a big mistake here in deviating from what he used to do so well - regularly releasing great AIRCRAFT models!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:53 am 
Botbuster Master

i know this is a stupid, silly question, but , have you attempted contacting chip on this matter. ......IMO......that would be the best way to get an answer to your question........i know my 6th grade math classes think those silly houses are really quite neat and it has created some interest in card models for future members.......right now they are working on those silly models offered in the kids corner.... :D :D :D

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:20 am 
Paper Model CINC

[b]Headed to the 2010 International Paper Modelers Convention in Sterling Va.Saturday. 8) Will have the opportunity to meet Chip for the first time. :mrgreen: Will try and get lots of pictures to post, and to talk to Chip about Fiddlers Green. :wink: Probably just me, But I've never purchased MK's to basically get airplanes, but any models that come out and get them added to my Models Folder. I don't recall anywhere that it was ever stated that all models released would be airplanes?? $19.95 for one model every quarter or so, would still be a good deal in my book :!: But, that's just me :roll: Anyway, thats my 2 cents and We all know what 2 cents is worth today. :lol:

Just finished:FG's Large Hawker Typhoon

http://satellitedoctor.mysite.com/
http://flybirdman.4t.com/
Spoke wheel Tutorial
http://flybirdman.4t.com/box_widget.html

We havin fun yet?[b][/b]

Last edited by BOB MARTIN on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 am 
Site Admin

Well, I just had an idea that I wanna try out. Without a printer, I can't design any models that would be buildable (sure I can draw them up, unfold them, then turn them into parts sheets, but without a alpha and beta build, who knows if they'll be buildable)...

Sooooo, I had an idea; I'll draw the models up, unfold them and put them into photoshoppable format (either pdf's, or psp's) and then sell them for a small fee to somebody who would want to finish up the process. I'd do all the boring stuff (find 3-views, information and do the drawing).

Right now all I can do is draw models and look for work, which leaves me a lot of time for drawing (just finished a model of the Colomban Cri-Cri, the worlds smallest 2 engine airplane, and looking for info on the Bumblebee, the worlds smallest airplane...anybody notice a trend? Let's see Lep make one of these in 1:900, or whatever scale he does :P ).

What's everybody think?

Recently finished: Moving and getting set up
In progress: Zepellin Staaken (self design)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:55 am 
Botbuster Master

hmmmmmmmm...u may be onto something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D hows the job search goin???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:33 am 
Site Admin

Slowly. That's why I'm trying to grasp at anything to make a little money.

Recently finished: Moving and getting set up
In progress: Zepellin Staaken (self design)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Looks like we will just have to wait out the story book houses. (I think they look great; just not my cuppa.)

This all reminds me of the comments that came out when Chip brought out the Balloon collection. Nice models, just not many I personally wanted to build. This too shall pass.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:40 am 
FG 90# stock

BOB MARTIN wrote:
[b]Headed to the 2010 International Paper Modelers Convention in Sterling Va.Saturday. 8) Will have the opportunity to meet Chip for the first time. :mrgreen: Will try and get lots of pictures to post, and to talk to Chip about Fiddlers Green. :wink: Probably just me, But I've never purchased MK's to basically get airplanes, but any models that come out and get them added to my Models Folder. I don't recall anywhere that it was ever stated that all models released would be airplanes?? $19.95 for one model every quarter or so, would still be a good deal in my book :!: But, that's just me :roll: Anyway, thats my 2 cents and We all know what 2 cents is worth today. :lol:

I wrote the original post because I felt it was valid. And after listening to some of the others who agree with it I think I have a point. No it doesn't say anywhere that the models that are released have to be aircraft, but that is certainly what many people besides me have come to expect. We purchased our keys hoping to take advantage of repaints, redraws, and new releases, but no new aircraft have been released in FIVE months. As you can see this has caused considerable angst among many long time MK holders besides just myself. Magic Keys used to be a great value where I was extremely happy if 6-8 aircraft released in the life span of the keys. Call us spoiled, but many of us notice that this just isn't happening any more...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:53 pm 
Botbuster Master

back to my comment....have you ask Chip?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:17 pm 
FG 90# stock

possm_23 wrote:
back to my comment....have you ask Chip?

Nope. I merely exercised my right to come vent here on the forum and to see how many others felt the same as I did. Now that it is established that there are others and my message has been heard, I will return you all to normal programming....

The message was delivered...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm 
Botbuster Master

trying to think of a come back....but senior moment took over :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:03 am 
Paper Model CINC

RE: Willygoat and Tim,
Bob and I can fend for ourselves. "The young and brave will be defeated by age and experience."Houn-So, 11 Century Chinese General

Currently working on: FG Wippet 1/72
Recently Completed: FG FT-17 Dio 1/38

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Quote:
The young and brave will be defeated by age and experience

Well sure, but where does that leave those of us with age but no experience?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:30 am 
Paper Model CINC

Knowing Chinese military history, strike "experience" and insert "treachery". :twisted:
Lep

Currently working on: FG Wippet 1/72
Recently Completed: FG FT-17 Dio 1/38