Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Cockpits
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:15 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Here's another idea that I hope one day could me made available to us all. I have seen some of the FG models have a cockpit due to a modeler showing us what he did with his model. Is there any chance that those cockpits could be added to the model or at the very least be made available? I think it would offer more value to the model. Just another crazy idea that I have had for some time and wanted to kick around with you guys. wc

Post subject: Re: Cockpits
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:29 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

It's a good thought. Pretty tough to do though. Many times, when we make scratch built interiors, we scavenge pieces from other kits (FG and non-FG) to make the cockpits. Or, some make the whole thing with no kit parts. When I did the Gloster Whittle Jet interior, I took the front half of the Stuka cockpit and enlarged it something like 175% to get it to the correct size. I then had to hand make the control column and throttle. I know Bob built his Cessna interiors from scratch.

I like your idea, but don't know how easy it would be to do. I know I didn't keep any copies of the interior bits I've done.