Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Great Site
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:09 am 
FG Folder

Howdy

Although I have been a member for little over a year now, this is the first time I have posted anything. This site is fantastic. The experience of building models again is rewarding for me due to the fact I have had a long period of time where I stopped working on my hobby for various reasons. I have been a plastic and balsa wood modeler for many years now, but due to life's demands on time and monetary resources I have had to curtail my hobby.

With plastic as well as wood models the kits and the supplies' required for completion, prices have risen to the point that it is no longer feasible to stay in it for me like I once was. You could literally spend a small fortune for one model, but with paper/card models you have what you need by way of a computer and a printer. Sure you still need a few other items to build a paper model, but who doesn't generally have scissors or glue in a drawer somewhere in the house. Also with age, my eyesight has gotten to the point that bifocals are required for any close up work.

I am amazed at the cost of the models within this site. Once downloaded, a modeler can build in entire air force from one type of airplane because you are more than generous with what you offer in a package. I still dabble in plastic and wood, but the thrill of building with paper is so much easier on the wallet as well as the eyes. It also doesn't hurt that the models come finished with all the paint schemes and markings already put on, so now I can build my models in a fraction of the time.

Looking forward to staying within this hobby and a member of Fiddlersgreen for many years to come!

caddman05

Post subject: Re: Great Site
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Glad to have you posting! Be sure to post some pictures of your builds. It's always nice to see what others are doing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 am 
FG 90# stock

Yes indeed! Welcome to our group. And thanks for your nice comments.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:37 am 
Botbuster Master

this is the best IMO

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!