Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:09 am 
FG Origami Master

That is a pretty build Tim.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:17 am 
FG Origami Master

Thanks for sharing your builds, where do you find the time #1, and why does your table look better than my desk?
glenv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:35 am 
FG Origami Master

Wow, Tim, that's a beautiful glider. You certainly did a fantastic job. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Howzit

Beautiful (and HUGE!!) glider. The model looks like it's actually made out of wood, very nice, well done again.

Thanks for the pics.

Niki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:29 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Thanks all. As usual, the picture covers up my defects. The wing doesnt really have an airfoil shape; more of a squashed teardrop. I have yet to master the art of rolling the top ot the wing in order to make a nice curve...they always end up with the same curve on both the upper and lower. So, the wing is too thick and not really wing shaped.

The interior was a fluke. I accedentally printed out one wing page onto regular paper. When I was putting together the pod-like fusalage, I realized I could use the printed wood from the wing on the inside of the pod. Looks better than sharpie markers, which is what I normally would have used.

I wish I had a little paper person to put in it. Its Almost big enough for some of the spiderman action figures my sons have. Maybe that cartoonish Hanna whats-her-name than came with one of the early helios would work....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:39 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

I squeeze in time for building whenever I can; which I'm sure the rest of you do as well. I like to do a few bits just before its time to put the kids to bed, and just after. I find its good to focus on building instead of the racket the kids are making when they are "going to sleep".

I do all my building at the dinning room table, as it has the best lighting, and if I did it in the basement (where the Albatross is in the pix) I couldnt hear the kids until one of them started screeming...at which point its too late to prevent a melt down. Its better to be closer to the action. All my building supplies fit (just barely) into to small plastic storage boxes, which I make sure are all packed up and put away at the end of a building session.

Otherwise, my wife would simply clean it up, and that could prove disasterous since one tiny paper part can look perfect to me, and like a piece of scrap to her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:44 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

I know how that goes. I have to build on a tray table in the living room. My wife uses the dinning room table for Grad class work. If I don't pick up every night, It is very likely that anything on the floor will not be there the next tiime I work. I "lost" the entire nose section to a B-24 once. Niether of us were too happy on that one.

Post subject: Builds
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:00 pm 
FG Origami Master

It is really nice to see people having fun with the stearman, your builds are all nice. If youre going to make another stearman I could send you a different engine if you want to check it out. I usually leave the toothpick ends so long on the gear that you can glue them together inside under the dash, and the gear wont spread over time. Your mig is really cool with the silver nose, and the glider is a pretty plane.
glen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:16 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Glen:

I'd love to see what your engine looks like; can you email it to me?

Post subject: continental 670
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:49 pm 
FG Origami Master

I'll give it a try. you will be able to get this from fg in the future, but I haven't been able to yet. glen :wink:

Post subject: pics
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:09 am 
FG Origami Master

if you do make up a stearman with the engine change, could you maybe include a photo reply? Hope you like it!
gv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:58 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

birder:

I'm certainly planning on giving it a try. And I will post pictures (always assuming I dont botch it). I assume the scale for that is for the "regular" FG download? I know scale can sometimes change from what the designer originally used...

Post subject: engine
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:42 pm 
FG Origami Master

Sounds good, I'm thinking the scale was for a model with a wingspan of about 9.5 inches. I would have to measure the regular model, it is smaller a bit for the full size, but I put one of this scale on the full size 11inch wingspan and it looks ok. Chip made some changes to the model, and the scale was changed mostly to allow for as large a version as possible.
have fun!
gv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:52 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Here is Birders wonderful kaydet in red and white, and with his original engine design.

That is one nice lookin plane. Birder, my hat is off to you. Design some more, please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:58 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Here are a few shots of the Natty Natter I put together over the weekend, just for fun. The stand is still in the concept phase: I saw a similar stand on a German paper model website for the Komet and thought I would try it.

Oooh, sorry for the quality of that last picture; it was flying too fast to capture the whole thing! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39  Next