Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jobeaux's Builds
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:02 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

In my nearly 4 years here, I can't remember an instance. We're a very civil bunch of crazies. :twisted:

Post subject: Russian P-39, "Red 77"
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:00 pm 
FG Scorer

Here are some shots of my just completed P-39, in 1:72 so I can keep it without breaking the 1:72 or smaller anti-clutter rule! My first build of an Airacobra was in the large 1:30, and I forgot to take pictures before I sent her into "front-line service" with a friends child! :shock: Probably too late for pictures now, but you shoulda seen the little fella's grin! :mrgreen:

And with a nickel for scale.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:43 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

That's gotta be one of Murphy's extra big coins. There's no way that P-36 is that tiny. Great build :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:10 am 
Botbuster Master

omy gosh ...another inflatable nickle :lol: :lol: :lol: .....a really nice build !!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:52 am 
Paper Model CINC

Great job Jobeaux! Don't listen to these guys, they would throw rocks at a diamond pendant just to watch it swing.
Braille-Scale Rules!
:twisted:
Lep

Currently working on: FG Wippet 1/72
Recently Completed: FG FT-17 Dio 1/38

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:12 pm 
Paper Model CINC

Very very nice Airacobra jobeaux :D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 am 
FG Scorer

Thank you all very much. I had a lot of fun with this build. I would like to put it on one of the wooden looking bases with a "brass" nameplaque, but don't know where to go about finding one, or a woodgrain texture to make my own. Any suggestions?

lepercan wrote:
Great job Jobeaux! Don't listen to these guys, they would throw rocks at a diamond pendant just to watch it swing.
</BR>Braille-Scale Rules!
</BR>:twisted:
</BR>Lep

I will choose to take any comments about inflate-able nickels etc. as either a compliment on building skills or lung capacity in blowing up huge inflateable items. (Boy, am I still out of breath!) :mrgreen: In truth I like most any scale, but growing up in an Air Force family where moves could come like a hobbits meals (regular and often) taught me to wage war on clutter. Giving away the big ones also lets me see little kids have fun with something other than a video game!

Post subject: B-52D "676"
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:36 pm 
FG Scorer

Wow, didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted any builds here. Gotta get busy!
Here are some real life shots of the B-52 camo model as she appeared before her final retirement flight from Anderson AFB to Fairchild AFB in 1983. Yep, I was there, and that's probably my sister's head in the bottom of a couple of those shots.

I made a handfull of small changes to the model to get it closer to the way she looked in my photos, and scaled it down to 1:72. Here are the completed pics:

I gave this model to my father for Christmas, who was the EW on 676's final flight pictured above, and has maintained that 676 was his favorite BUFF of all those he flew in.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:03 am 
Paper Model CINC

Beautful Job :mrgreen: Nice looking bird 8) and what a wonderful gift :wink: I gotta do this one over again. Gave the other one away :( Happy New Year :mrgreen:

Just finished:FG's Large Hawker Typhoon

http://satellitedoctor.mysite.com/
http://flybirdman.4t.com/
Spoke wheel Tutorial
http://flybirdman.4t.com/box_widget.html

We havin fun yet?[b][/b]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:12 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Great result for sure! I followed this over on PM.com. I'm sure your father loves it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:26 pm 
FG Scorer

Thank you very much guys, I had a lot of fun building this one, and my dad seemed really happy with it.

BOB MARTIN wrote:
Beautful Job :mrgreen: Nice looking bird 8) and what a wonderful gift :wink: I gotta do this one over again. Gave the other one away :( Happy New Year :mrgreen:

I haven't managed to keep a single paper model yet. :roll: Even the ones I swear I'm gonna keep, some kid will come along, pick it up, fly it around the office making engine noises, and well, after that how can you not give 'em away? Leaves room to build more too! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Nice!

Looks shiny too. did you use glossy paper of some kind? Which reminds me; I have to get some more glossy brochure paper. Oh and that also reminds me that I heard you cant get that amazing shiny silver paper from Red River paper any more. Now my tiny hoarded supply is even more precious. I really must find a model worthy of it...

Ah, sorry to wander off topic a bit. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:33 pm 
FG Scorer

Tim_in_Winnipeg wrote:
Nice!

Looks shiny too. did you use glossy paper of some kind? Which reminds me; I have to get some more glossy brochure paper. Oh and that also reminds me that I heard you cant get that amazing shiny silver paper from Red River paper any more. Now my tiny hoarded supply is even more precious. I really must find a model worthy of it...

Ah, sorry to wander off topic a bit. :oops:

Nope, no shiny paper. I think its printed on Wasau bright white 67 lb stock. I think the shiny appearance you are seeing is a combination of the weathering on the model, wierd lighting, and a poor cell-phone pic. Never got a chance to try building a Red River silver aircraft, and looks like I may have missed my chance. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:25 pm 
FG Scorer

Here is my latest model, the F11F-1 from Stahlhart Papercraft, scaled down to 1:72. This is my second build of this model, the first having not survived my "attempts" at getting the flared section of the fuselage to look right. :roll:

This shows the one part of this build I'm really not happy with, I feel like I got the nose gear a little too long, most of the shots I found of this bird make her stance appear to be dead level and just barely off the ground. Oh well, good excuse to give it away and build another! :mrgreen:

A shot of the bird in a really un-natural state. Gotta find a little mirror to make these shots look better.

Last, but not least, the "ubiquitous inflatable nickel shot!" :lol:

I'd like to build a base for this model that looks like a carrier deck, does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a pic or pattern of carrier decking I could use?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:20 pm 
Paper Model CINC

I don't know, I think the nose gear looks about right to me??? :roll: As always a nice clean build. 8) Great Job. :mrgreen:

If you have a Goodies CD from FG, there are some carrier shots on it that might work. :wink:

Just finished:FG's Large Hawker Typhoon

http://satellitedoctor.mysite.com/
http://flybirdman.4t.com/
Spoke wheel Tutorial
http://flybirdman.4t.com/box_widget.html

We havin fun yet?[b][/b]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next