Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:37 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/aircraft/WACO-CG-4.html
This is addition to my fleet(Little joke there), the glider that carried troops and supplies for the Invasion of Normandy on 6 June 1944. The jeep is already inside and ready to go. The next model will the C-47 Skytrain or DC-3. Which has a lot of it's own problems. . The idea ia to place the glider up for right now with the C-47 being mounted next. I hope.

Which read as CPS - Casual Pilots Squadron The online group I fly with in the evening through a program caller IL-2 Sturmovik in Hipper Lobby. Ok? wc

Last edited by Wad_Cutter on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:53 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Looks good Waddy! I like that you opened up the nose for the Jeep. Can't wait to see the C-47.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:35 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Next:
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/air ... train.html

Willy Sir, I don't think I understand about the nose section of the C-47 Skytrain. Am I cutting and removing the white section and I saw the instructions about using the palm of my hand to form the nose section. ???? super confused on this one Coach. wc

Last edited by Wad_Cutter on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:36 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Cut out the white from in between the petals of the nose cone. It works best to pre curve the petals. I usually roll them around a toothpick or skewer for something that small. Then glue the part into the ring using the tab on the side. Once the glue has dried on the ring shape, you can start to form the petals.

You don't have to use your hand, but it can help get the petals to curve into themselves to form the cone. I usually take some tissue paper or a paper towel, and soak it in glue. I then form the gluey blob into the proper shape. Let that set up, and then place the plug into the nose cone. You can put a light coat of glue on the inside of the petals and stick to the plug.

Or...

You can slowly go through, gluing each petal to the edge of the petal next to it. Takes a lot longer, and may be more difficult to get the proper shape.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:04 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

This will be a TV first of this kind. How does it go? "That that doesn't kills you, make you strong er?" Who the hell ever wrote that down? That's the guy I want to meet. Thank you coach. I'll be in touch. wc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:14 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Ok Coach, I now have a page full of just the nose in 65 lbs. paper. I have tried 3 times to just cut on the black removing the white center section. Maybe it's the scale being in the 160 range. If I get this I will start training for brain surgery next. I have my hood one the second lens with the little lens over my right eye and man of man this is tuff. no sweat G.I., I'll get her. BTW-I printed out your last instruction on the nose. I'm trying, that's what my Mom and Dad use to say about me all the time. " Son, you sure are trying at times." wc

Coach:
I am a stand still until I can find a way to cut the noise section. I have tried all my different cutter tools including very fine scissors. I just can't get it. Wit these old eyes I's almost impossible. I'll keep trying as there is no back up model. Is it cheating if I get help one this one part due to a bad set of eye? wc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:59 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Just go with the good 'ole knife. It works best to cut out from the "body" of the part, or toward the points on the edge. Start with light cuts and go over again if needed. Heavy pressure will tear the petals off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:09 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Ok Willy, I will do and then I will do it again if needed. You know it's going to be needed, right. wc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:25 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Good news to report. After several tries and many cuts, I got it. She is gluing up and drying just fine. Yea for me. It was driving me nuts. Thanks Coach for the tips. There is no way I would have gotten it with you. Unto the rest of the nose section. wc

PS-How did I do on the tow kine hook up for the glider Coach. Not a easy with these hands.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:00 pm 
FG Origami Master

Way to go Waddy.

Beard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:04 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

I knew you'd get the nose done. I did quite a few versions my self as well. The tow cable set up looks nice. Especially in that small scale.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:13 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

As hard as that nose of the glider was the C-47 was no easy walk in the park. Trying to bend the paper clips into place and not tear the paper of the nose was tough. I started gluing the forward section of the wing section. Thank Coach for the kind words. wc

PS-Is there a code in modeling like the Bro Code in the TV series " How I Met You Mother"? One of the rules should be when the party of the first part is modeling and the party of the second part wants her hair trimmed then the party of the second part should not ask until said modeler is done and waiting for the glue to dry. Crap! Doing the fuselage again. I forgot to color the edges any way. wc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:24 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I have a question Coach about the rear fuselege. As I am waiting to glue to dry on the nose. I see two area marked "FILLET". Not sure what to do about this area. Any ideas Willy? Do I cut them out or leave them? Thank you. wc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:02 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

The two areas will become a big one once the fuselage sections are together. The wing fillet goes over the top, wraps around the front, and then glues together at the rear of the wing. It takes a lot of careful pre rolling and curling to get it to fit correctly. I usually end up making at least 4 before I get them right.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:52 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Oh good! As long as it's not to hard then I have a chance huh? Thanks Willygoat Sir! I will make up a few back ups for the just in case screw ups I know awaits me. Man I love this bird. wc

This is what's in the hangar so for.