Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:21 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Thank you very much Coach. That sounds like just what the doctor ordered. to help me out in this problem. I will order it today and give it a test run. As long as it doesn't react to the ink and make the ink to run. Thank you so very much.
BTW-read your e-mail first before I came here to the forum in case you were interested. It's been a difficult Sunday morning for me.
This stuff sound like it has a lot of different uses and will solve a lot of problems I have been having.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:58 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

I use that glue for a lot of things. I initially got it for some balsa models I was working on. It works really well with balsa. Then I experimented with the paper. As long as you use very light coats, it will not affect the ink. If you glob it on and let it sit, it will slightly discolor the printed areas. I catch myself with this every once in a while.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:46 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Good news Coach, that glue should be here today if UPS will stick to there word. Once I have it in my hands I can get back to work and finish this puppy off. Let ya know after I do a little test first. I did make the antenna and tail gear. Those two items will be the last thing I add.. I hate waiting. wc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:12 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

The antennae and tail gear are also perfect candidates for the glue. They are so flimsy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:56 am 
Paper Model Overlord

The good news is I have the glue in hand. On the other end I have looked over the struts. I don't think they will I
think I will start cutting out a new set of struts and try it again. wc

PS-I just got the second of eight struts cut and tried that CA glue.As it seems to be a CA glue what is the recommend way of cleaning up the fingers and paint brush? I tried paint thinner. Not to good of an idea. I think this going to work out fine. Thanks Coach for the tip and yes I will do the tail whee; and Ant. as well. wc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:08 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

You're using a brush? I usually just whittle down the end of a toothpick so that it's flat and spread the glue with that. I could probably just use flat toothpicks, but they're too flimsy for my liking.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:43 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Your 100% correct about the tooth pick. It's a much better then the brush. But still I have the question if I get some of this glue on my fingers what is best to remove the glue. I have some 10 inch Bamboo Skewtys I cut in half and use the pencil sharpener to put a point on one end but I did as you and cut a flat end on the other. Works like a dream. I also tried a different plan of attack. What do you think about coating the non-inked side of the part to stiffen it or give it added strength? was thinking and hoping this way the glue would have no effect on the ink. I like the Bamboo as I feel like I have more control with it as it is longer. wc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:14 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Gluing the back side should work perfectly. As far as getting the glue off I usually pull apart any stuck appendages asap and then let it dry. It flakes off after a couple of hours, especially if you bend and squeeze your fingers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:25 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Now that my vision is partly restored at least in one eye, it makes cutting much easier. I cut all eight landing gear struts and today with any luck I will set down and start working on those. It's a fantastically beautiful day here with plenty of light. I'll set down with my headset music and let you know how it goes once I have some of them ready. As much as I really like this model and the glider and you all know what a pain it's been I am looking forward to the next one and seeing a different model to work on. wc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:52 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Landing Gear Down and locked.
A few things to correct and do yet but still working away at it. wc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:19 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

The skytrain is coming along nicely. Sure is good to see the parts altogether.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:19 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Coach I have to tell you something. This model has been a pure pain in the you know what but saying that I have to say that I have learn more from this one model then any of the others I have taking on but only with your help and knowing your close by just in case of trouble is the only way this model has come this far. It is one of my old time favorite aircraft and I always wanted my own model of the work horse of WWII. She is a beautiful air plane and I hope I did her justice. I know there are many who have and can do better but for a beginner with one eye I think I am pleased. Not done yet and not out of the hangar but we're getting there. Thanks to you Willy. You know what time it is don't you? It that time to start thinking about the next model. Nothing worse then a modelers work station with no model on it. Any ideas? wc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:32 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

I think you deserve something nice and smooth. One of the jets should be good. The DC-9 is pretty strait forward. Almost all tube. The F-84 isn't too bad either.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:34 am 
FG Folder

Your Skytrain looks great! It's always good to see the fruits of your labor when a project comes to completion. A fine ending to a build that shows everyone that perseverance will pay off. I also want to make this one of my projects, but it has to wait in line for my other models to be built as I have 4 others in some type of construction.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:39 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Thank you Coach and Caddman for your kind comments. I had hoped to do some more work on her today but my migraine has me down and there is no way I can do any work on her. I can't even think straight and I'm afraid I'll make a mistake that I will regret later. Today is a good day to sit this one out. Find something stupid on TV and keep the sound low and the house dark. I have so many things I want to do with the model and other project that Scott just gave me but there is no way. Thank you guys for your kindness. It is greatly a appreciated. Once the C-47 is done and behind me what do you think of the Shuttle Willy? I also have the Orion III but haven’t really looked her over that good. Time for my meds and some darkness. Later men. wc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next