Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:55 am 
FG Scorer

Hi people.

Is time to start another Trimotor build. At this time is a fully documented build. I choice a Admiral Byrd version, I loved the airplane for this great man! The 1920's 30's air explorer is one of my favorite themes.

I start the print, and reduced to 1/100 to made a piar with my Curtiss CT-32 Condor.

The original scale is 1/49. In few moments I show here the first steps of build, I focused in central fuse and wing internal suport. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:55 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Thank you very much for this build gomidefilho. Looking forward to this one. She is a great looking model. wc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:52 pm 
FG Scorer

:roll: Thank's Wad. The weekend is bit complicated, is raining in Porto Alegre, for three days (non-stop) I start today mading the major cuts and organizated the build. I believe in fwe hours I show here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:19 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Can't wait my friend. I'll be here somewhere. Still have to color and finish the landing gear and struts for my C-47. I never did a nose like this aircraft before and it took me forever to get her right. Be back in a while. wc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:07 pm 
FG Scorer

I finally start the build log of Bird Trimotor.

I build a previous version the C-4 (military version of C-4). Beside a complex form, the Trimotor kit is very easy build, recommended for intermediate skills. The major difficult is glue wing with fuse and the form and build the engine cylinders.

I start the build of segments. Wings and tail first.

First is a internal suport of wing. note the gray area is up and serve for orientation to made a correct shape and diedro in this piece...

Piece finished.

I made and glue different segments of wing, stabilos, and rudder, I not build entire wing for better adjustament in fuse. I believe tomorrow i resume this build and show others steps...

Continue soon...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:52 pm 
FG Origami Master

I'm thinking about building this one so I will be watching this :wink:

Beard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:38 pm 
FG Scorer

Thank's Burning!

I close to finish fuselage. The secret is made a correct shape only top razor of fuselage is curve...

All pieces of fuselage cut.

I painted the white edges, and use old scalpel blade to made the folds in fuselage segments.

Folding...

Gluing...

Start of gluing segments, I like made from rear fuse, the align of textures is very important to correct shape of fuse, in general I start gluing from inferior tabs...

Fuse completed.

In the next atualization I made a main building of the model.

Best regards!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:18 am 
FG Folder

I like what I see. Your joints on the fuselage are clean and butt up next to each other very nicely. Once again you have rolled out the fuselage with no creases in the skin. I am truly amazed at this.

Is this a FG model? If not who is the seller and what website can I go to get it? Whenever I see a build or a completed model my mouth starts to water like Homer Simpson eating donuts. LOL!

I am interested in the construction of the wings, can't wait to see it. Did the wing supports come with the kit, if not are you designing your own?

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:39 am 
FG Folder

I just went thru my folder at FG and saw the Ford Trimotor, and downloaded both versions. This will be a project I will tackle soon. So I am gladly anticipating more updates on your build.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:48 am 
FG Scorer

Thank's Caddmman05

For made round shapes I use a piece of rigid wire.

I start the main build of Trimotor, first I gluing in support the maing piece of wing, note: the suport provide a correct aspect ratio of wing chord and diedro.

In the next I cut the gray area of wing. Is most important, all FG and Oddball builds, the gray area cut AFTER build of fuselage, never before...

Gluing the main wing segment, I gluig after others because is easy to gluing shape.

NOTE: for a clean gluing I use foam gluing in the wings segment...

After I gluing anothers segments of the wing...

After I gluing cockpit...

The next step is a tail...

The rudder is made in two pieces, easy to build, but the bigger part is need a cut in tabs for a perfect fit.

Face of engine...

General view. The main build of model done. The next steps is undercarriage and nacelle engines...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:23 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Boy that is looking good!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:50 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

This a very impressive looking model you have going on here cadd. The layout, very clear photos and how you have laid everything out, is making for me what normally would be a out-of-question model for me. However, I think I would have a chance to making this beautiful classic of a gone by period of time. I have seen this aircraft model done by other modelers and the model from other companies but now I think I might have a chance. A slim one but all the same, a chance. You did a great job on the photography. Really, extremely good. When your model complete and your happy with it I will take another hard look at her and decide then. To me this has always been one of the real classics of the Golden Years of aviation. So far you have done a great job and I look forward to seeing the end job. Thank you very much for sharing. Great model by a great modeler. wc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:44 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

She's certainly coming along nicely Pericles. Can't wait to see her full of engines :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:45 am 
FG Scorer

Thank's my friends. Sorry for delay I hope in january resume this build...