Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:22 am 
FG Scorer

Well my friends!

Another nice addition to my collection in 1/100 scale, this time is the japanese tactical bomber Mitsubishi Ki-30 "Ann". A sleek low-wing aircraft and fixed landing gear, which was one of the first Japanese aircraft with modern features like internal bomb bay, variable pitch propeller, flaps bled and complete radio equipment, which included radio-navigation.

Used in China in 1930's and the early stages of WWII, "Ann" also know by AVG pilots as Nagoya is a modern bomber, but is obsolete and outclassed in WWII.

The model Oddball is just excellent. The fittings are very good and the final appearance of the model is exactly the real plane. The detail of the textures is also very nice, keeping the panel lines with delicacy and finesse that even on a small scale as 1/100 are evident. The original scale is 1/43 but easily reducible or widen to more current modeling scales.

The choice of subject is also fascinating, why these Japanese aircraft of the period between the wars wide attention when assembled, either by its color or design.

With Ki-10 in same scale.

Friends!

I write this in papermodelers forum, but I write here too ;)

I take a risk , since he , the designer , the artist behind these amazing models , my friend Aaron asked me not to talk at any time ( and I think he can also speak for him ) , but the truth is that he is discouraged in designing new models , because of the low level of sales .

Considering all the history behind and the things that our friend has passed , a member of this forum and a person of prominence in the papermodelling scene , I humbly ask you again to our community " take a strength," supporting the Oddball ! Ask for our tenants : Ecardmodels , Fiddlers Green and others who may be interested in selling e- models from the extensive catalog of the Oddball , who looks fondly and make available new releases quickly.

It is worth remembering that many models have only Oddball in catalog and not a few exclusives ! Among the latest releases unique , stand out from the 377 family, Martin PBM Mariner , Tupolev Tu- 16 and Tu- 104 in addition to other models in design .

The philosophy of the models designed by Aaron takes into account the complexity of the forms of an aircraft in their assembly are simplified without losing the essence of their main forms . I like to say that the models are of Oddball : " Fiddlers Green on steroids " , not using formers transforms Oddball models on interesting challenges , in addition to allowing all possible customizations and additions to the taste of the modeler .

Thank you for your attention.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm 
FG Folder

The Ki-30 is a nice build. Superb talent flows from your hands to the model.

As far your friend Aaron and his Oddball designs, tell him not to be too discouraged. I haven't been in this hobby that long and I still don't know how many companies are out there designing paper models.

I do have some confusion when it comes to the Oddball models as to whether it is a part of FG, or if your friend Aaron is the sole owner and designer of the Oddball line.

Perhaps you could give me some more information on where to look for Aaron's designs. Does he have a website or are his models exclusive to FG?

I am willing to purchase some of Aaron's models if I knew what all was available. From what I have seen of his designs so far, my own collection of models built or unbuilt can only improve with the addition of his.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:36 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Gentlemen, I for one can not start to think of a modeling universe without an Aaron and or Oddball, FG, PM, etc, and any of you in it, but I know at one point I will have to face that but I hope it’s not for a very long time. I have read else where that Aaron is a bit down due to a lack of sales. I really don’t think if it’s anything against Aaron or Oddball, it’s just that funds being very limited and at this time of year most people are buy other things for each other then card stock models. Card stock models is our world and it’s almost impossible to share your feeling for our hobby with for want of a better word, Out Lander as I call them. Or Off Worlder. What ever term you want to use, the point is as I am spending my money and I want to buy my wife a present I don’t think a model of an airplane or a boat is what she wants. Aaron has to keep this mind. Oddball models are “the” best models I have ever seen. There is a Navy Colt and a Thomson sub machine gun I very much want. But right now it’s a matter of thinking about others and not ourselves. Aaron, if you read this please know, I for one am very dependent your models and wish you had a forum all of your own. I very much would like to know you better then I do. I really don’t know anything about you or you of me perhaps. I would be more then happy to send you a PM with my e-mail address if that would help. Just one last thing, never think that you, your models and your charm, humor and other feeling I have picked up here and there, that all these item are a part of my universe. Ok? Please, always be there. wc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:41 am 
FG Scorer

Thank's guys! But never mind... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:40 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Did I same something wrong or did we get away from the topic? Sorry about that. You did do a great job of the model. Very nice. wc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 am 
FG Scorer

Wad.

Nobody did anything wrong, just do not want to argue with the subject of sales of Aaron or the policy of the FG in relation to sales ... :wink: