Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:28 am 
Site Admin

In order to post pictures you must have the images you want to post already uploaded to the internet. Make note of the web address where your pictures are stored and then enter the following in your Message Body:

[img]http://www.your-site.com/your-image.jpg[/img]

If you don't have your own website, that's ok. Your ISP (internet service provider) probably gives you a little of space to post things like pictures. Just contact them and they will be able to guide you through the upload process. They will also be able to help you with your URL.

If you have any more questions, please Private Message me (PM)

Post subject: compacting images
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:55 am 
FG Tissue Paper

Hi, I use photobucket for my images but please could you advise me about making my images more compact...so they don't stretch the page etc

(also, the smaller the image, the less you will see how scruffy my modelling skills are! :( )

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

There is a list of commands for each photo you host.. It's a matter of selection the right one. For me it's the last one on that list. It's a give and try and look at it thing if you know what I mean. I hope that answered your question right. wc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:52 am 
FG Folder

When I post a new topic and I want to show multiple pictures, I use the attachment as indicated by the rules. It limits me to 3 attachments. I see other postings where there are many more pictures per individual posting and I am curious as to how it is done.
Also:

How can I post more than 3 pictures per topic?

How do I not show the picture information when each is posted?

How can I get a more uniform appearance when it comes to the same shape per picture? Such as all pictures squared up and in line.

I have gone back to the FAQs for posting, but I still do not understand picture postings.

I have had accounts lets say with photobucket and flickr, but I think it's a nuisance to have to click an url to have to view a picture.

I had been thinking of posting my build for the Albatros DVa, but it is nearing completion, so I would do it for another model.

Help!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:17 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

On photobucket, you can copy the image link (img) and paste it into your thread. Once you post the thread, the images show up on the page. You can then click on the picture to go to the photobucket album if you want.

Post subject: Now I Got It
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:27 pm 
FG Folder

Now I know what is meant by having another site with pics already posted. I set up a photobucket account, and this time it was easier for me to use. Sometimes it does take a two by four to my head in order to understand something. I wished I knew how to have done it earlier, otherwise I would have been posting my build for my Albatros, but better late than never. No more attachments for me. Thx's for the help.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:54 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Don't worry about it. It took me months of using photobucket before I realized you could do that.