Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:54 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Construction starts again. Wings, struts and center section of fuselage.
I hated to start over again but I didn't see a way out. Those helicopters sound good to me.

ImageMy son gave me two small one R/C also. Are they a kick or what? Looking forward to your model. wc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

I have the red one! And a larger Jet Ranger from the same maker.

I also see that you have heavily invested in the clamps and tweezers. I need to get another couple of them myself. I'm looking forward to watching your progress on this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:47 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

This is where I am today. Wings are dry fitted, Vert. and hort. stabilizer are complete, and waiting to be glued. The fuselage is finish also. It seems to be going together a lot easier this time. As for the clamps and tweezers, that one is on you. I saw one of your photos of a build, I think it was the Cub and saw them there. Did some hunting and got them plus a weighted base/stand which make a 3rd and 4th hand possible. I saw my doctor last week and she was kind enough to give me a 4 more hemostats. 2 straight and 2 curve and a very sharp scalpel. She is a great source of tools. All I need now is a longer set of sessions with a curve point. The ones I have now are to short. mwc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:40 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Things are moving right long and looking great for version 2. Can't wait to see the assemblies come together.

I've been contemplating a arm clamp base like you have. Sometimes two hands just aren't enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I am back you where I was before at the scale of 1:28 the way it comes. I'm just about to glue the top wing on but there are no wholes in the wing where the struts from the bottom wing should go on to. I see 4 holes for the struts from the fuselage by the engine but they look kind of far apart. Not sure the struts will match up. Did I get something wrong again Coach? Same problem I had before.wc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:52 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Looking at mine, the big "N" struts connect to the top wing on the 6th rib line from the wing tip. On the bottom it's the 6th as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:59 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

That's the info I needed. I have noticed the shorter struts from the fuselage just behind the engine going up into the wing have squares(which I did cut out) in the top wing. However, they don't aline up either. Is the idea the same thing? I was going to glue the shorter struts into the fuselage and eye ball where they should glue into the underneath part or the top wing. Is that ok or am I seeing these wrong also? I hope I'm describing this problem right. I didn't get much sleep last nigh and was sick. I couldn't keep my dinner down due to my migraine patch. I have to have this patch but there are times I think it does more harm then good. When I get like this it makes modeling a lot harder. Thanks Willy. - wc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:33 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Like I showed in the pics on the last page of this thread, the top struts are not straight. They angle to the nose of the plane a splay out from the fuselage. I'd say get the large struts at the ends to fit right, and then stick the inner struts in however they look best to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Thank you Coach. Redoing the top wing now. I understand how the end struts go in with a angle forward. It's the other struts on the fuselage I have to work out for best fit and looks. Get back to what I'm done. wc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:25 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Hey there John! How's the Kaydet wings coming along?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:04 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Hello Brett, I think I have the wings on ok. Both wing tips struts and fuselage struts are glued in so now I can look into the wheel struts which are a bit confusing. Not sure just how they fold and glue together. I wasn't all the happy with the engine cylinders so I have a fresh set ready to go. Also working of the tires.
Do you remember some time back you did a tire and took photos showing the step by step you used. I wish I had saved that now. So I think I will build the tires the same way I did Piper Cub. They came out good or in my opinion.
Photos taken with Kindle. Cell Phone gone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:38 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Hey! That looks great!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:27 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Nice and strait. Good job.

Attaching the upper wings on a biplane for me is always chancy. If the wing struts end up in anywhere close to where they are supposed to attach on the underside of the upper wing, I consider it a victory. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:42 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I think I did ok the wings and struts but that was after several dry tries. Not to mention the other messed up ones. Working now on the land gear struts. I can seem to get how the edges come together. I'm on my 4th try. wc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Are you talking about the rear edges of the struts, or the struts to the fuselage?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next