It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Exhibition Team 'n or Ship 'n?
Exhibition Teams! 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Ships! 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:42 pm 
FG 90# stock

Some fun kits for FG would be either modern Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, or Red Arrows aircraft. Also, a reeeeaaaalllly great addition to the site would be ships. Modern ships would be excellent to put in the folder for the free kits when you sign up, plus good and easy paper ships are hard to find online and IN ENGLISH! There's so many Japanese sites and it bugs me!
Please consider my suggestions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:54 am 
Site Admin

I hate to be this way, but I don't think ships will ever appear as FG models.

FG models are the essence of simplicity while looking good. That's why they don't have formers.

Unfortunately, you can't design a ship without using formers. Small boats maybe, and there are a few small boats scattered around the site, but big ships probably won't happen any time soon.

Recently finished: Moving and getting set up
In progress: Zepellin Staaken (self design)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:00 am 
Paper Model CINC

I agree. The whole concept of FG is to have models you can finish in an evening, if you like, or can embellish to add detail. Ships typically take weeks to do right and a number of skills that the average papermodeler hasn't developed yet.

Currently working on: FG Wippet 1/72
Recently Completed: FG FT-17 Dio 1/38

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:52 am 
Paper Model CINC

Most of the Blue Angel's Aircraft are currently available from FG, except for the F11F and F-18. Everyone has a different definition for modern: in my case, I consider the A4-F and F4-J & F11F modern--as I worked on all three--'course, I also worked on the F9F-8, but with a centrifugal flow engine--it ws a bit outdated buy the time I got my hands into them.

Currently working on: see avatar

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:24 am 
FG Origami Master

lepercan wrote:
Ships typically take weeks to do right and a number of skills that the average papermodeler hasn't developed yet.

Two weeks? It took me two MONTHS to build the "Santa Maria", and that was dedicating at least 4 hours daily during the week and every waking moment on weekends! I want to build a 1/96 scale HMS Victory, but that'll take me a year and increased insurance coverage (mental health deductible)!! Provided I can afford the divorce....

Suggestion - Don't listen to your kids when they ask for a model to accompany their 4th grade report on Christopher Columbus! Make them focus on Charles Lindbergh - the "Spirit of St. Louis" is a much easier build!

We already have Thunderbird F-16s, and Blue Angels in lot of their historic aircraft. If someone was to design an F-18, you'd be in business!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:51 am 
Botbuster Master

the canadian navy has very nice model of a small ship or boat...not sure would be correct term.....it was fairly easy to build.....and looked good!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and if i can make it look good it has to be easy....lol :D :D :D :D :D :D

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!