Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: P47 Fuse Issues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:04 pm 
FG Folder

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a better fit on the fuse sections..? It seems that a few are either too big or too small after being shaped and glued. This is really giving me 'fits'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:05 pm 
FG Folder

Well, it's finished. Had to do some figiting with the fuse but it went together OK. I'm not real happy with it and am seeking a slightly better model of the jug..if one exists. However, in my search, I found this website(website was deleted by adim because the site is offering pirated models.....possm_23)
Pretty good selection of models and all are free. I grabbed a few and also noticed a few FG models in their list also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:04 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

AvSim is a site for computer flight simulator programs. If you found actual FG models there, chances are they're pirated and illegal copies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:46 pm 
FG Folder

willygoat wrote:
AvSim is a site for computer flight simulator programs. If you found actual FG models there, chances are they're pirated and illegal copies.

There's near 300 paper models there. Some I noticed from e-card models which I purchase from often. They have several of the Orlik models, the FG Gee Bee R1, and several Marek models which I have purchased from e-card. If this is illegal then I feel for the model designers, they're taking a hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Many of the models there from Ecardmodels are most likely illegal. Chris usually sets up a contract with most of his designers to exclusively sell through him, or be one of a few sites that they sell through. Unless it has a note about having permission from the designer, it's a bad copy.

After snooping around. Most of those are illegal scans of printed kits. I advise not to download any of the kits there.