Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:50 am 
Paper Model Overlord

My latest challenge is the FG Shuttle Columbia Memorial and next the Challenger Memorial. No way I could build one without the other. They would be lonely. Just wouldn't be right. My question is though most of it a straight forward I do have a question about the noise section and how it glues up to the main body or fuselage. I didn't see any glue tabs on the noise section to glue to the main body??? Did I miss something?

If I'm correct this is a repaint of the FG shuttle. This model can be found here: http://www.delta7studios.com/columbia.htm
Thank you for any help or suggestions. This is a two shuttle build planned. I will do more photos on the second shuttle build. Thanks guys. wc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:04 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

You can see the issue in the bottom picture real well. The tabs on the cargo bay that you have folded in need to go onto the nose section.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:57 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Oh s#^@!

Sorry about that but I just don't have another word that fits. I think I will cut out a new noise section. There are times when I know I'm a screw up and here's the prof. wc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:18 pm 
FG Folder

Hey Wad_Cutter, no need to do another nose section. Just cut out or leave the old tabs where they are at and put in new tabs either on the body or the cabin section. Glue strips of scrap paper with one half in the nose/cabin and the overhang will be your connection to the body. No what I mean Vern? That will make for a near perfect seem with the ends butting up to each other instead of overlapping.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:55 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

I agree. It is not a lost nose. Just adjust and keep moving forward. I have to do this all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:25 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Thank you Cadd and Willy for the save. Not sure why I didn’t see that mistake on my part. I straighten out the tab on the fuselage and put a little bit of Insta-Cure+ that Willy put me onto. I really love this glue a lot. That did the trick and I will also add a couple of tabs to make the joining easier and smoother. Thank you very much for the assist. Is there any way I can summit the Shuttle Challenger repaint for others to enjoy? I will be doing this model next.I had a friend add the crew to the base with the name and added the Challenger name on the nose and wings. Not sure why someone else never did it. My friend Jim did the work for me and he said he wouldn’t mind. But as it is a FG model and the stand comes from Delta 7 Studios who did the repaint, I don’t know how to go about doing this. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions. wc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:37 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

I'd say give Scott a holler and see what he thinks.