Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: UH-1 "IROQUOIS"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:26 pm 
Botbuster Master

i decided to build this copter ......the third page is cut off at the bottom.....i can fix it ..but....it would be nice if that section could be moved up a bit.....what ya think???/.....here is a pic also.....i extended the lines with a pencil to show where the problem is........thanks...
:D :D

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g174/ ... 0_0888.jpg

this was on the Artic scheme....i checked another version and it had the same problem...

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

Did you let Chip know? I never noticed that one before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:50 pm 
Botbuster Master

see if it prints out for you please......i resized it on photoshop to 95% and it worked....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

I printed off page 3 of 3 of the versions (Large,Trainer, Arctic), and they all printed fine, not cut off.

I printed straight from the web.

Then downloaded the arctic version and printed it straight from acrobat reader, again without it cutting off.

Can't tell you what's going on, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:22 pm 
Botbuster Master

hmmmmmm...thats strange......i am totally confused now..... :?: :?: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmmm..... If I remember correctly, we had to fudge the margins on that page. It's like 7.6x10.6. Are you using Acrobat reader to print the files?
Maybe adjust the print margins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:21 am 
Botbuster Master

i adjusted the margins to "0" and i still get the same problem...heres what i did...opened the sheet 3....print preview..made sure scale was set at 100%....then i opened the page set up...all the margins were set at 0.5in......i reset them all to "0"clicked ok and went back to print...hit the print button...still no change :cry: :cry: surely some one out there has more savy than me and can help me fix this....i waste a lot of paper and printer ink because of this problem.... :evil: this is not the only model that has this problem.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:50 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

My Mac will do that if I print from the Preview program sometimes. It has done it a couple of times in Adobe Acrobat too. If there is a small margin on the bottom it WILL cut it off. I usually have to use my wife's PC and print straight from the internet. Anytime I've printed from a file it's been through Photoshop, and that always works. That's me though. I tried resizing once, and that was a catastophe. I think I went the wrong way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:03 am 
Paper Model CINC

The file is exceeding the allowable print size for your letter size print for your printer...the problem with 'fudging the size by a few fractions of an inch--with most printers, ter'ed be no problem--but with a few........ Do you have any other program you can use to open the pdf? Acrobat doesn't offer a scalng option for most printers. If you have GIMP--a free download, you can rescale the print by a few percent, to get it to fit the page. I almost never use Acrobat to open fies for printing--as I have less control over them.

Currently working on: see avatar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:55 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Exactly the same thing happened to me when I printed out the Huey. The last page wasnt sized the same as the first two and I got a bit of the fuselage around the engine left off the page. I have a very old HP printer at home that doesnt allow scaling; only origninal size and fit to page; if I went with fit to page, the first two pages would be 100% but the last would be 97%. So, I went with origninal size and accepted the gap.

This seems to be a problem when individual pdfs are used, as opposed to single pdf files. I cant be certain, but I suspect that if all three pages where in the same pdf, then all pages would be the same size when you clicked on the "fit to page" button. But still, its a bit sloppy...this kind of thing really shouldnt crop up at all in a finished product.

You can see the effect in the picture here:

http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=huey2gg3.jpg

I colourd the strip in with a coloured pencil that was as close as I could find to the fusalage colour, but it still looks a bit odd...but only to those who know it shouldnt look like that :wink:

The colour printer we have at work allows scaling to what ever size you like, so if you have an up to date printer, it should be possible to scale all pages to the same size as the one page that wont fit at 100%, if you see what I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:14 am 
Botbuster Master

here is what irks me......i run off a model......and maybe i dont notice the misprint till i have already finished printing....i am not great at coloring...or redrawing.....i just want to build models.......if i change the printer settings to "print to page....or some other setting...then the scale will not be the smae on each page....and it makes for a reallly lousy fit......i guess i can run each model through photoshop now....but it is quite a hassle....all i want is to print and build .....i dont repaint....or any of the other design thingies..... :? :? i am not tech person when it comes to computers nor understand a lot of the jargon.....i just want to print and build....... :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

I'm out of my league too. Every printer I've ever printed it on has printed it without a problem, and without any extra work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:04 pm 
Botbuster Master

ohh well..i aint gonna fret over it...life is too short....lol..... :lol: :D ...thanks....

Post subject: Re: UH-1 "IROQUOIS"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:09 pm 
FG Tissue Paper

I just printed off an OD Slick Huey, and I'm sure this is topic's a little old, but it seems fixed now! Thanks!

I've been all over a huey, and pre build, it looks great!

Very acurate model indeed!

Only things I can see are no danger arrow and the part labeled "radio antenna" in the plans is not the antenna-it's the upper wire cutter to keep it from getting tangled in powerlines and such. This doesn't have the real antenna, but it'd be hard to get right in paper, I think. It would be a thin peice of paper rounded over like a wing/blade that would be really hard to put on.

(although somebody's liable to yell about the number-it should be the last digit of the production year (except 60's, those are 64, 68, etc. - (a dash) then the rest of the 5-digit serial number, with the last 3 digits usually being white as identifier numbers, with those 3 digits either being small white on the front doors and nose, or done the way that they are in the medivac huey.)

Great kit, can't wait until I get mine built, and hopefully I can get one built around a Syma s107g somehow, probably with heavy cardstock and some cardboard re-enforecement.

Post subject: Re: UH-1 "IROQUOIS"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:17 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Be sure to post some pictures!

I keep meaning to try repainting this one and adding on the guns and rockets. Someday...