Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:18 pm 
FG Tissue Paper

I think the rivets and panel lines on the the otherwise superb ME 109 are too bold. I think there are too many on the wing fairing
The rib and stringer lines and possibly some other small details on my WW1 models are too bold ( i.e. too obvious, over the top ) for my taste
The Bristal fighter and Tabloid come to mind as the worst examples

The rib lines on the Morane Saulnier Bullet would be OK if they were toned down just a tiny bit to look like the fabric strips sewn over each rib on the original . The stringers on the Bullet would look better in my view if they were removed and you just scored the paper.
I'd like to have the option to create these sort of things by scoring, making a physical imprint on the paper or simply not including tiny details.
Am I missing the whole point of card modelling and should take up scratch building instead ?

Oh ...the models are great anyway I forgot say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Most of the WWI models were hand drawn by Chip years ago, using an older FG Standard. Eventually they'll be redrawn and reengineered when possible.

(posted using my mobile phone)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:11 pm 
FG Tissue Paper

Azguy wrote:
Most of the WWI models were hand drawn by Chip years ago, using an older FG Standard. Eventually they'll be redrawn and reengineered when possible.

Hi again

Thankyou. The Maurane Saulnier Bullet looks stunning as is.
I think I was trying to say it would be good to have the option of either building the model as drawn or building it and then creating your own finer details ( rib lines stringers etc. ) in your own way
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:15 pm 
FG Origami Master

rhms wrote:
Azguy wrote:

Hi again

Thankyou. The Maurane Saulnier Bullet looks stunning as is.
I think I was trying to say it would be good to have the option of either building the model as drawn or building it and then creating your own finer details ( rib lines stringers etc. ) in your own way
cheers

It would be nice if fold lines could be drawn thinner and less opaque than object lines. ie look at the difference in the new text and the quoted text in this message. I have models that have the fold lines in a light gray or red that make them less visable. Also some use origomi mountain and valley lines, another thought.