Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: old?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:00 pm 
FG Origami Master

You don't tell us when you retired from the USPS, but it you can't top 74, you're just another young punk!!! :D

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Mine's obvious. In a moment of pure lazyness, I just used my name. Was born Nicholas Schutt, but I've always been called Niki (with a single K, not the double K girl's spelling.) Probably should've taken some time to think of something original. :D

Niki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:29 am 
FG Origami Master

I am a Native American, and blueeyedbear is the English translation of my name.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:16 pm 
FG Origami Master

Tahutihotep:

Tahuti was the Egyptian god of knowledge and writing, the patron of scholars (the Greeks called him Thoth, a name by which he is still called today)

hotep is Egyptian for peace, contentment, satisfaction, etc

thus Tahutihotep means "Tahuti is content". As I am a poet as well as a cardstock- modeler, it stands to reason that Tahuti would be a source if inspiration. I am very much into Egyptology, too. actually, I never met a history I didn't like, unless it was a blatant lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:25 am 
FG Origami Master

mine is just straightforward, I'm a birder and have drawn pictures of local birds for 30 years, birds are the epitome of beauty to me, but all animals hold my interest, in this room are 2 turtles, 1 tortoise, 5 fish, no snakes at present since two escaped last year....

Post subject: gun
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:56 am 
FG Cutter

Gun is short for gunslinger, lesft over from Navy days, I am a hobby gun smith so it kind of stuck. It was also my CB handel when I was into that, and my SN when I was on AOL. So don't answer to much but gun now.

Remember growing old is sometimes mandatory growing up is optional.

Post subject: Re: gun
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:01 am 
FG Origami Master

gun wrote:
Gun is short for gunslinger, lesft over from Navy days, I am a hobby gun smith so it kind of stuck. It was also my CB handel when I was into that, and my SN when I was on AOL. So don't answer to much but gun now.

Have you seen the "Last of the Gunfighters" episode on Dogfights? It went into fantastic detail on the F-8 Crusader. Did you get to play in those? They looked fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:46 pm 
FG Cutter

I got to play with small arms, AO is Aviation Ordnanceman but it also includes gun smiths, at least back then, not sure with the new Navy. As I think you are talking of a TV show or movie "Last of the Gunfighters " I will say no I have not seen it, as I have not seen TV, movies or listed to radio or read a newspaper or mag in almost 6 years. This comp is about it for me, I work online with a few groups that take most of my time. God guns and paper is my escape when things get too much, sad to say they often do. One of the groups I work with is TCF-The Compassionate Friends. I hope you will look them up and support them, I also Pray you will never join us.

Remember growing old is sometimes mandatory growing up is optional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:28 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

My dad is a lt. cmdr. in the us navy, so i thought that i would promote myself and be come a cmdr. when i first thought up the user i was 12 and my b-day 10/20/92 hence cmdr1992112

Barry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:49 pm 
FG Origami Master

Rick Thomson... as I am known to everyone, with the exception of my parents and a few aunts and uncles. In the Airforce I was known as Flash, due to my speed at grabbing the most comfortable chair in the line shack when there was a lull in work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:36 pm 
Paper Model CINC

Very unoriginal I'm afraid, it's just my first two initials and my surname. I've used it on just about every forum I've ever been a member of and it's kind of hard to break the habit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:30 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I'm the last generation of a vanishing tradition - the kid who hangs out at the local airstrip and washes planes, helps repair or rebuild planes, and every other gofer job a teenager gladly does in exchange for flying lessons and flight time. I started hanging out at Palo Alto Airport when I was 10 - perhaps even as young as 8 or 9 - back in the relaxed early 60s when parents were glad to get the kids out of the house. By age 14 I was hard at work every weekend assisting the restoration of a Waco UPF-7 at San Carlos Airport, and in the long tradition of airport kids was awarded lessons and flight time and hamburgers and Cokes for all that otherwise unpaid labor, soloing on my 16th birthday, and licensed by age 17.

I don't know how much of the breed survives today in this age of total paranoia - parents too frightened to let their kids out of the house unsupervised, and airports locked down behind barbed wire in fear that a terrorist will steal a Cessna and fly it into a tall building. They must exist in some capacity (else there'd never be any new pilots) - but I sure don't notice eager teenagers with skylit eyes and ambition around airports they way we used haunt the ramp and hangars.

Mark Baird
Alameda CA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:34 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

I thought I did this already. Guess not. Well, all I can say is the willygoat is a strange nick name from the mrs. that somehow stuck (not dirty). All I'm going to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:17 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Nothing original here. My full name is Tim Allen, and to make sure I'm not confused with that Other "Tim Allen" in Hollywood, I added Winnipeg.

I used to get that all the time when Tim Allen had the #1 show on TV. Not so much anymore, now that he's become more of a B movie star.