Here's a few shots of the Cobra:
My Second heli, the first being the S-55 (no pics of that).
Perhaps the only model I will ever make where I nailed the fuselage cross-section perfectly (it's a box!).
Used superglue for the first time on this one- it's a mess. I'll have to try using the gel for better results. You can see where I applied too much glue on the rotor housing and in attaching the starboard rocket pod.
After I glued the main rotor on, I realized I had it on backwards! Doh!
I noticed when shooting the top pic that the horizontal stabilizer was broke.
Used a plastic red-colored coffee-stir for the tail powershaft. I also used jumbo paperclips for the landing struts and skids, and tail skid. I also used telephone-guage copper wire in the main rotor to stiffen them, although I think they're probably stiff enough being so relatively short.
Exhaust cone pointed up way too much and I didn't cut out the engine inlets.
I wasn't expecting much from this one, but was extremely impressed at how precisely the fuselage fit together- and all one piece too!. The nose needed some trimming, but I was very much surprised and impressed at how much it came together.
I also learned that superglue works best on porous materials (like it says on the tube), and does not bond effectively when gluing two straws together.