|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||possm_23 [ Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:27 am ]|
|Post subject:||KINDA FUNNY|
1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?
2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?
3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?
5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
6. Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?
7. Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
8. Why do "tug" boats push their barges?
9. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?
10. Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?
11. Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?
12. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?
13. Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?
14. Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
15. Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?
16. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
17. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
18. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
19. If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?
20. Why is bra singular and panties plural?
21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?
22. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?
23. How come abbreviated is such a long word?
24. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
25. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
26. Why do they call it a TV set when you only have one
27. Christmas - What other time of the year do you sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks?
28. LIFE IS TOO SHORT. SO KISS SLOWLY, LAUGH INSANELY, LOVE TRULY AND FORGIVE QUICKLY.
I borrowed this from another forum....posted by a gent named "no1uno".
i didnt want any one to think i was this smart....lol
|Author:||Tahutihotep [ Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:03 pm ]|
here's one to add to the list...
Why is it that if something is moved by a truck, it's called a shipment, while if it goes by ship, it's called a cargo?
|Author:||willygoat [ Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:11 pm ]|
Why do we park in drive ways and drive on park ways?
|Author:||airportkid [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:08 pm ]|
Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?
If you've ever been to Asia one of the rules of driving DOES involve driving on driveways (or fairways, or the sidewalk, or the opposing lane, or whatever happens to be clear in front of you. It's the 1st rule of Asian driving: Always occupy and proceed in whatever clear space is nearest at (2nd rule of Asian driving) the top speed the vehicle can attain, and (3rd rule of Asian driving) never never never ever yield at any time to anyone or anything. That's why a disabled horn in Asia renders a vehicle inoperable).
And if you visit San Jose or Manhattan or any major city at rush hour you'll discover that the Parkways are not misnamed.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 7 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group