Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: NASA and the ISS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:56 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Yesterday in real time I got to see the Soyuz leave the ISS and on it's way to reentry and landing in Russia. It is hard for to really believe that 3 large guys were in that when it came down in a fiery landing. I have been watching more and more of the views from the ISS and there is no sunset like one from up there. Shows you what a boring life I must have. As I'm on my one PC doing modeling or what ever my other gaming PC is on ISS watch. I would like to try to put the ISS image on my large TV just to get a better image. Maybe one day.

Unpacking Cargo from Expedition 38 Soyuz Landing
Engineers document cargo as it is unloaded from the Soyuz TMA-10M spacecraft after it landed with Expedition 38 Commander Oleg Kotov of the Russian Federal Space Agency, Roscosmos, and Flight Engineers: Mike Hopkins of NASA, and, Sergey Ryazanskiy of Roscosmos, near the town of Zhezkazgan, Kazakhstan on Tuesday, March 11, 2014. Hopkins, Kotov and Ryazanskiy returned to Earth after five and a half months onboard the International Space Station where they served as members of the Expedition 37 and 38 crews.
Image Credit: NASA/Bill Ingalls

Post subject: Re: NASA and the ISS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:40 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

Cool pic. I wouldn't want to be in a Soyuz when it landed though. Ouch!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:37 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Have you seen Gravity yet? I won't say another word till I know you have seen it. Talking about landing. Paper Kosmonaut sent this video. Have a look at this.
Soyuz undocking, reentry and landing explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l7MM9yoxII

Tomorrow night on the National Geographic channel there will be a 2 hour showing of Live from Space. Life on-board the ISS. Can't wait for this after watching COSMOS. That was a let down for me as I can't stomach to much of Tyson. Let me know what you think of his video. It answered all my questions. wc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:05 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

So did anyone else see the show about the ISS last night or was I the only person? For me it was a WoW 2 hour program. My wife didn't care for it to much and my friend across the street only watched part of it. Yep, I'm a d**n space geek. wc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:11 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

Are you telling me no one watch the two hour live telecast last Friday night? I can't believe this. Really, no body. Shame, shame on you. wc