Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:27 pm 
FG Folder

Well fellow modelers, it has been some time since I have completed and posted any models, but I have been so busy at work that as for myself, I have slacked off. I do still come here to see if anyone has posted anything, but it seems that we all have had other tasks that have prevented any time to building and posting here. :(

I had hoped that by now I would have had the time to get back into the hobby, but when I get ready my job has prevented me from further attempts at building. I am a manager of a small convenience store, but finding reliable help to work at my store is next to impossible, and this has made for 60 to 70 hour work weeks. :x Money is good, :wink: but free time to enjoy my time off has resulted in a temporary hiatus from the hobby.

I had hoped that I could derive pleasure from other people's builds and posting, but alas, no such luck. :cry: Where is everybody at? :?: It would be nice to see an abundance of new postings. I know that there sure have been quite a few new models put out by FG, so let's see those models. I am just now getting to a point where I can start back up myself.

:D caddmann05

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 pm 
FG Origami Master

I have built quite a few, but they aren't always FG models, so I don't post them here.

Beard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:42 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

I've managed two build since November. I of course have about 200 "in the build pile" waiting. Having a new baby in the house greatly reduces any chance of free time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:40 am 
Botbuster Master

Burning Beard wrote:
I have built quite a few, but they aren't always FG models, so I don't post them here.

Beard

All builds are welcome to be posted here. It might encourage others to start building and posting.....bring em on!!!!! :D :D :D

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:39 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I think we all have noticed that there isn’t much going on here. PM get most of the business and that is just the way it goes. As long as we have a place to hang our hats and jackets and chat once and a while it’s all ok. This is and has always been home for me. wc

PS-Please feel free to post and show any and all models and projects your into or have completed. Any and all is great. wc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:57 pm 
FG Folder

You know that saying? You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Well let's just say that isn't entirely too true. I first got into the paper model building through Fiddlers Green, and I feel that this is also my home. I come back to this website to check on what is happening with ongoing builds and completed projects, but I know that life is not all peaches and cream for everyone, and that means at times life takes over and hobbies take a backseat. Once again I have tried to start back up, but the job is interfering with my personal life. Dang it! One of these days I will get it all together, and find capable people to work for me at the store, until then I must use my imagination to continue my hobby mentally.

Later gators.
caddmann05

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:16 am 
Supreme Paper Commander

Yeah, the PM forums seems to have become The Place to view/post on paper models. Not much we can do about that. I check both forums on a near-daily basis, but don't seem to have time to do much actual building these days. I have a half-cutout A9 rocket I recolored...maybe I can get it done this weekend. Or maybe not.

I've been saying that for 3 weekends now...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:31 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I bit the bullet and just started building. I've had all the large FG models printed for some time just no ambition to build so I started a thread in buildings. I've gone through all the buildings, most of the miscellaneous and will be completing the dinosaurs and tanks soon. Probably over 150 so far in the past few months. Once done with these I'll move to aircraft. Then I can start a new thread under airplanes and start all those large FG models.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:12 am 
FG 26# stock

I'm forever building something, but it's not always a card model, and if it is, it's not always FG.

Usually, my online posting priorities are:

1. Post it to Etsy to sell it.
2. Post it to my blog.

Then I tend to forget about the FG forum since I'm a newbie here.

I could post links to my Etsy shop and blog, but that feels a little too... commercial for this forum. If a moderator gives me the go-ahead, I'll post new stuff like mad, I just don't want to gunk up the forums with non-cardstock stuff that nobody here would find interesting. I even felt a little odd posting my garden railway building that was based on an FG model.