Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Is anyone yhome anymore?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:09 pm 
Paper Model Overlord

I don't check in every, maybe a few times a month but it seems like there isn't much going on in the land of Fiddlersgreen any more. What up with guys? I know we can't match PM but from time to time it might be nice to check in. I'm working on the last touches to the second Birthday gift from my friend across the street. Once I complete it I will post photos here on FG of course. I hope you guys are ok and still building paper models. Check in once in a while to let us know who's still kicking. Ok? wc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:05 pm 
FG Origami Master

I check in a couple of times a day. There just isn't much to post about, I'm not very talkative and have been building non FG kits.

Beard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:31 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

i check the forum multiple times a day, but I too am often too busy to kick things into gear. I will be posting some picks of the Schnellbomber when it's all done. My "Summer of Models" has become the "Summer of Some Kind of Nearly Finished Models".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:10 pm 
FG Folder

I check in every few days or so.

In my "spare" time I have been attempting a few FG models that I have in my folder. Also been getting my grandson interested in the paper models.

Generally, though, when the weather is nice I've been fairly busy around the yard and such.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:12 pm 
FG Folder

.. I meant to ask this in my last post, but forgot. Anyone know the reason why FG is no longer accepting credit cards for purchases?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:22 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Great to see there is still some life here. Great to hear from you guys. What models are you guys into these days. I'm almost done with my modify version of the Lobster Canary. I've been a bit lazy and not feeling so good of late. Hard for me to model when I feel like this. wc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:25 pm 
FG Origami Master

I must be working slower or am building more complicated models, lol. Since finishing my Flying Flea, I have built the San Salvador (from the San Diego Maritime Museum), a Panther Tank (from a Russian or Ukrainian blog site, which I scaled up to 1/32), a Burnelli UB14 (a freebee from Arron Murphies site) which I repainted and rescaled to 1/48. I am currently working on a Merlin from the Bird Mobile kits.

Beard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:54 am 
Paper Model Overlord

Beard any chance you have pics of the birds? Something I find very interesting but then again I find just about anything interesting any item made of paper. Maybe a link? Thank you. wc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:13 pm 
FG Origami Master

I'll post the Merlin when I finish it. I bought the kit when I was on my honeymoon 32 years ago, but had no idea how to build it or even what glue to use. Anyhoo, since I started card modelling I dug the old kit out and scanned it and built it a couple of years ago, and was a little disappointed with it. So I have boosted up the colors a little for a richer look (the original kit may have faded over the years, I know the pages yellowed) and have changed out the feet for the ones off of the Canon Eagle because they are not just flat and am going to make the eyes a little more 3d (also a disappointment on the original kit). The bird builds up a lot like the FG Red Tail Hawk kit (which is very good) but is slightly larger. The Red Tail is a very nice kit, and I would encourage anyone to build it. It is a nice introduction it building bird kits.

Beard