Fiddlers Green

Downloadable Fun!
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: AndyCs' Models
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:10 pm 
FG Folder

Here's a couple I have been working on lately.

P47 - Parts don't fit really well and I'm not really happy with how it turned out. I'm searching for a slightly better model of this bird.
Image Click Image to Enlarge Image Hosting

Dauntless - Great model to build. I love this little plane!

Hope to post some pics of the Dell P51s' soon....those are super-slick models. I had to buy the collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:03 pm 
Botbuster Master

nice....real nice!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:05 pm 
Supreme Paper Commander

The models look great Andy!!!! I don't know where you hid those problems on the P-47, but it sure looks smooth to me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:10 pm 
FG Folder

willygoat wrote:
The models look great Andy!!!! I don't know where you hid those problems on the P-47, but it sure looks smooth to me. :D

Well, thanks!. I ran into problems with the fuse sections fitting together after I rounded and glued each section. Basically, after the cowling, every section was either too small or too big to match up with the others. I had to end up cutting the seams and fitting the fuse together and leaving a gap along the belly where sections were too small and removing stock from the sections that were too big then, covering gap with silkspan and a few coats of clearcoat to harden it up. Basically making everything uniform to the cowling..what a mess it was. I was able to ink-in the missing panel lines a bit. This caused problems with the wings fitting properly so I did some tweaking there as well...one thing led to another as it goes. The damage is on the belly and not really noticeable from a distance but the fact is I know it's there and it bugs me to a degree. The P47 is my absolute favorite bird and I really wanted to do a good job on it.

I'm fiddling with a different way of building it now to see if I can work the problems out before I get to them....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:01 pm 
FG Folder

Sorry....had to be done. If anyone wants the plans, email me. I got it from a free japanese site a few years back. Fun to build...instruction manual is in japanese but has many many pictures thankfully....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:06 pm 
FG Folder

LOL...I love google...here's the site...I also love babblefish...

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/Falcon/Falcon.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 am 
Paper Model CINC

I thought I saw this in the background of your Dauntless pic (great build btw, and the Thunderbolt looks good too :D). I built this particular Millennium Falcon myself a while ago, plus his (Shunichi Makino's) USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A and TIE Fighter. Really nice models that went together almost perfectly - pictures on my website. There are some other great looking models on that website that I really must get around to building some time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:03 am 
FG Folder

Yes! I built the falcon and the tie interceptor for my son as birthday gifts. They build extremely well and are very durable when complete. I'm not really into sci-fi but the falcon is just a sexy hotrod. I like the shape of it. I'm looking more into the japanese paper as they seem to really build nicely for me. On a side note, I purchased Mareks' F4U Corsair from ecardmodels along with the SBD...I sit gazing at all of the parts sheets...those may still be a bit beyond my skills at the moment....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:15 am 
FG Folder

cdwheatley wrote:
I thought I saw this in the background of your Dauntless pic (great build btw, and the Thunderbolt looks good too :D). I built this particular Millennium Falcon myself a while ago, plus his (Shunichi Makino's) USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A and TIE Fighter. Really nice models that went together almost perfectly - pictures on my website. There are some other great looking models on that website that I really must get around to building some time.

I was checking out your site and wow. Really nice work!. I like that corsair especially. I also noticed all of the series 500 Guillows kits you have. I just finished a series 500 Bf 109 ! Theres a pic of it at the guillows website in the pic of the month gallery. It has the green cowling. Very cool indeed. If you come across a paper P47D..or N please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:42 am 
Paper Model CINC

Thanks Andy! I just had a look at your Bf-109 on the Guillows site - very very nice work indeed :D. Have you been building them for long? I don't wish to blow my own trumpet, but I actually had the POTM there myself once (the camouflaged Hawker Hurricane). I was absolutely stunned, as it was the first one I'd ever built! If I come across a paper P-47D or N I'll be sure to let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:52 am 
FG Folder

Thanks. Yeah, I have been building the stick and tissue kits since I was around 8 or so and I'm about 40 now. I started with Sterling and Comet kits. If you want true scale realism though, Guillows is the ticket. If you want nice clean laser-cuts and CAD plans, Dumas or Herr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:11 pm 
FG Folder

Here's the crown jewel of my collection...a gift from my grandfather before he passed several years ago.

Notice that copyright date....I love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:54 pm 
Botbuster Master

cool...nice to have!!!! :D :D :D

Take your time leavin.....but hurry back!!!!
Every tub has to sit on its own bottom!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:46 pm 
FG Folder

Indeed. I'll never part with it. My dear wife once remarked that I should build it...after I screamed at her, I suggested that we give her grandmothers jewelry to our daughter for dress-up play....I was hit by flying pie tin...I kid you not...true story. There's a lesson here but I'll be damned if I know what it is.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:48 pm 
FG Folder

Here's what's on my board at this moment -

...and a little something for CD...